4LNS is actively seeking an experienced and highly motivated Infrastructure Technician to join our rapidly growing team in the Marshall Islands.
- - Must install, troubleshoot, and maintain video and data cables and copper and fiber cabling infrastructure as per the standards of the organizations where they work.
- - Assemble and arrange material and equipment, explain and verify service orders, drawings, specifications, particular needs, and instructions, run, pull, stop and splice copper and fiber optic cables, such as CAT5, SE, CAT6, low voltage cables, and fiber, mount telecom equipment while adhering to best practices, industry standards, and manufacturer requirements.
- - Choose and verify cable pathways, conduct site surveys for clients, assist in designing, creating and implementing standards and specifications.
- - Manage and maintain exact inventory for parts, tools, and supplies.
- - Install closet hardware, including connecting blocks, fiber enclosures, racks, backboards, and patch panels.
- - Be able to work on all aspects of telecommunication industry when required, such as wiring practices, underground work, color code and terminations, the ability to understand signal flow and signal path, and DSL and Ethernet connections.
- - Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with installing, terminating, and testing communications cabling, including inside and outside-plant cabling.
- - Must have expertise in designing and installing networks to meet the clients’ requirements and comply with the designated industry standards.
- - Experienced in the cabling system and be conversant with the installation of copper and fiber optic cables.
- - Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be physically capable of completing the tasks.
- - Able to work with a team or independently.
- - High school diploma or equivalent.
- - Position requires that candidate possess the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position. Paperwork to initiate a Secret clearance must be submitted with Tribalco before first day of employment.
- - US Citizenship is typically required for a security clearance.
- - Ability to relocate and reside at the U.S. Army Garrison – Kwajalein Atoll in the Republic of the Marshall Islands (USAG-KA).
- - Must possess a valid U.S. passport.
- - Pre-employment health screening is required due to remote location and limited medical and dental capabilities on the island.
- - Ability to ride a bicycle or walk at least 2 miles to/from work daily. There are no personally owned vehicles allowed on USAG-KA. Transportation is primarily by bicycle.
- - Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 30lbs to waist height, and at times, may have to lift heavier equipment.
- - Be able to work in small spaces and at varying heights and be required to climb ladders.
- - Ability to travel by plane or small sea going vessel between working locations.
- - May be required to work overtime.
- - Rotational call back and emergency duty are requirements of this position.
- - Experience working at Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) or an Army NEC.
Compensation and Benefits
- - Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience.
- - Tax deductible salary.
- - Housing provided; meals provided for eligible candidates.
- - Relocation expenses covered.
- - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- - 4LNS is an equal opportunity employer.
Kwajalein, The Marshall Islands
May 10, 2023