We are actively seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to work in Unified Communications (UC) for an integrated team responsible for providing Command, Control, Communications, Computer, and Information Management (C4IM) services to organizations and users serviced by the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) – Kwajalein. The UC Technician will oversee a team delivering comprehensive, integrated, unified communications focusing on providing outstanding end-user support. The UC Technician should have excellent leadership and organizational skills, a positive attitude, and possess an in-depth knowledge of Army Enterprise services.
- - The Unified Communications Technician will perform Infrastructure and Network Operations for the NEC-KA.
- - Work within and facilitate a collaborative environment composed of Government, prime contractor and supporting contractor personnel for a government-owned, contractor operated NEC.
- - Provide daily communication of significant issues, report outages and hazardous conditions.
- - Create and maintain checklists for periodic tasks; Develop and update detailed Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures and ensure staff follows documented TTPs.
- - Develop methods to automate system reporting, troubleshooting and user management tasks.
- - Be responsible for identifying gaps and issues, recommend areas of opportunity, determine potential timing and sequencing of improvement initiatives, and define the costs and benefits of proposed solutions.
- - Provides technical feedback to Infrastructure and Network Operations teams for implementation of new technology and government directed projects.
- - Helps implement processes, policies, and procedures.
- - Provide daily briefs of significant issues and reports all outages or hazardous conditions to proper chain of command.
- - Provides technical support to perform maintenance, operations and security of Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform servers, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Cisco Unity Unified Messaging and supported subsystems.
- - Performs operations and maintenance of Assured Services Session Initiation Protocol (AS-SIP) voice over IP (VoIP) Session Border Controller systems and voice mail systems including mailbox administration, application configuration, and provisioning.
- - Experience working at Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) or an Army NEC
- - Minimum of five years of experience working in a customer facing network and / or communications infrastructure
- - Must possess and maintain an IAT Level II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M and current computing environment certification. CCNP required.
- - ITIL certification
- - Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or another related field preferred. Additional training, certification, and/or years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- - Position requires that candidate possess a SECRET security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
- - US Citizenship is typically required for a security clearance.
- - Ability to relocate and reside at the U.S. Army Garrison – Kwajalein Atoll in the Republic of the Marshall Islands (USAG-KA).
- - Must possess a valid U.S. passport.
- - Pre-employment health screening is required due to remote location and limited medical and dental capabilities on the island.
- - Ability to ride a bicycle or walk at least 2 miles to/from work daily. There are no personally owned vehicles allowed on USAG-KA. Transportation is primarily by bicycle.
- - Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 30lbs to waist height.
- - Ability to travel by plane or small sea going vessel between working locations.
- - May be required to work overtime.
- - Rotational call back and emergency duty are requirements of this position.
- - Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience.
- - Tax deductible salary.
- - Housing provided; meals provided for eligible candidates.
- - Relocation expenses covered.
- - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- - 4LNS is an equal opportunity employer.